- Where do I find the list of courses that I can take?
If you are new to CERTI, you can go to Continuing Education to see a complete list of courses.
If you are a returning CERTI student, once you log in to the site – go to “My Home Page” – at the bottom of the page is a listing of all the CE courses you have not yet taken. You can click on any course title to get more information and to register.
- Can I repeat a course?
NRPP does not allow you to repeat CE courses. Please note, if you have taken a course from another training provider with a title similar to one of ours – that is not the same course. You can tell by the NRPP number assigned to the course.
- Can I repeat my Initial Training Course?
Because there is so much rich content in the CERTI Entry Level Measurement or Mitigation courses, students often like to repeat the course as reinforcement of fundamentals. To fulfill that desire, CERTI has obtained approval of its Entry Level courses as CE so you can repeat the entry level courses as CE – in two formats for each course, one for 24 CE credits and one for 16 CE credits. Each of these can be completed one time.
- Entry Level Measurement Course Review – 16 Credits – C-16-102 – Radon & Radon Decay Product Measurement Course / and 24 Credits – C-24-101 – Radon & Radon Decay Product Measurement Course
- Entry Level Mitigation Course Review – 16 Credits – C-16-103 – Radon Mitigation Technology / and 24 Credits – C-24-102 – Radon Mitigation Technology
- How do I know if I have taken a course already?
If you are new to CERTI – all of our courses are available to you. Even if you have taken a course with a similar name, if it is from a different trainer, it is a different course. You can tell by the NRPP Number assigned to the course.
If you are a returning CERTI student, you can see a list of courses you have completed through CERTI by logging in to the site and going to “My Home Page” – on that page you will see a list of courses in which you are registered, with a “check mark” next to the ones that are completed. You can also see a list of course certificates you have received.
- Which courses are for Measurement and which courses are for Mitigation?
All CERTI CE courses are approved for both Measurement and Mitigation certifications.
- How do I know which courses are approved for my state?
For CERTI courses, you can go to “Course Approvals” to get a listing of the courses approved by your state. Most states accept courses that have been approved by NRPP. All of the courses provided by CERTI are approved by NRPP.
- Are there some CE courses that can be used to obtain a new credential?
Yes, for example if you are certified in radon measurement and you want to expand into mitigation, you can take the mitigation add-on course to be become certified in mitigation as well as use it for CE in renewing your measurement certification.
- Is there new content in the CE courses?
We at CERTI strive to add new content to our CE courses such that it truly builds on your current skills. Sure, there are some basics that we cover as a basis for the CE course, such as QA/QC, but we strive to take it one step further so there is a benefit to the course rather than a repeat of old facts.
- How long does it take to go through the course?
The number of credits the course is approved for determines the amount of time anticipated to complete the course. A 4 CE credit course will typically take about 4 hours to complete – including the completion of all the quiz questions. As in all of our courses, we do not have a time limit and you can start and stop as you need to.
- Is there a time limit for completing the course?
No – none of our courses have time limits.
- Can I go back into the course to refresh my memory on something after I have finished the course?
Yes, you continue to have access to the course even after you have completed it. We do not take you out of courses so that you can continue to access the resources.
- If I have technical questions is there someone I can talk to for additional help?
Yes, you can always call our lead instructor who can help you.
- Can I call and ask for technical help after I complete the course?
Yes, in fact that is one of the biggest advantages of being a CERTI student. If after you are working in the field and you run across a unique situation or just want to bounce an idea off someone, simply call us. We want you to be successful and offer technical support to all of our students-well after the course is completed.
- Is there a discount if more than one person in my company that wants to take the training?
Yes, we are always happy to work with you to maintain certifications for everyone in your company. Please contact us directly so we can assist you.